Yummy Soul Bowl
If you’re hungry, this hearty, wholesome meal is everything.
I made this meal purely out of mad hunger and a desire to have a ton of fresh veg, textures and a gang of nutrition on one plate. The truth of the matter is, I was a baaaaad girl over the holidays. Oh my, never in my life have I indulged in sweets and chocolate the way I did in Holiday of 2013.
I look at sweating and movement as a way of loving and healing my body.
I was insatiable. But, I know that being on steroids (decadron – ya gain lbs whether you eat a carrot or a cupcake) during this time didn’t help. Relieved that the holidays are officially behind us and now that I’m tapering down on the steroids, I’m trying to work off the extra “insulation” I acquired over the last 2 months and it’s finally coming off all thanks to some dancing, elliptical, pilates and a some major clean eating action.
I’m trying not to take this so seriously and really just find joy in moving and sculpting my body. Instead of looking at it as a chore, I look at sweating and movement (kinder words than “working out”) as a way of loving and healing my body. Perspective like this, is a #gamechanger.
This dish and meals like it, are exactly what I need to keep sugar at bay. As soon as I got back on my veg and green juice game, the sugar cravings disappeared. Now you do the same and tell me all about it!
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Quinoa
- 1/4 Cup Organic Chick Peas
- 1 Handful Steamed Kale
- 1/2 Cup Steamed Purple Cabbage, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Best Baked Tofu Ever (link below)
- Begin building soul bowl with cooked quinoa in a shallow bowl.
- Now get creative and add all the other ingredients on top.
- Make it look pretty! We eat with our eyes too!
- Enjoy with your favorite condiments or dressings.
- I especially love this bowl with Sriracha and some Tamari.