Green juice has been a huge part of my life, almost a discipline, for years now. Whether I enjoy a glass of ‘green’ in juice or smoothie form, I know I’m doing my body a huge service.
Especially with a comprised immune system, I know that my body needs all it can get to function the best it can.
This green juice recipe is loaded with minerals, enzymes, antioxidants and vitamins – BOOM, you absorb a gang of nutrition that you typically couldn’t eat in one day.
Dr. Mercola explains the benefits of juicing really well in this video and post.
OH! And if you’re new to the whole “green” thing, it’s all good. Check out this cool infographic!
Stay Green Goddesses!
- 1 Bunch Kale, Collards or Chard
- 1 Bunch Parsley or Cilantro
- 5 Green Apples
- 3 Pears
- 6 Stalks Celery
- 3 Lemons
- 3 Limes
- 2 Cucumbers
- Ascorbic Acid aka Vitamin C
- Juice in the order the ingredients are listed.
- Alternate juicing the dark leafy greens with cucumber, this helps keep the juicer lubricated and cool.
- Strain juice.
- Add 2 heaping Tbsp of Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant, good for body and for preserving juice)
- Use all organic ingredients. You think you could just toss all ingredients into the juicer and call it a day. I wish.
- I've learned a few things from my experience juicing over the years.
- I use the Omega VRT 350. With this machine, I juice enough for 3 days/3 juices per day.
- After juicing, I add the ascorbic acid, stir/mix well and then pour into 8oz mason jars with screw top lids and into the fridge they go!